The territory of the Carpathian natural reservation park is classified into following zones:
- conservation area;
- zone of controlled recreation;
- zone of static recreation;
- utility zone.
The distinguished set of regulations related to security, reproduction and employment is prescribed to each of the above-mentioned classifications in accordance with their scientific, recreational, historical cultural and other values pertinent to natural complexes and objects.
Conservation area is destined to preservation and reproduction of the most valuable natural complexes. Economy-related and beneficial activity of any kind is prohibited within the area of conservation, whereas contradicting the purposiveness of this zone or interfering with the natural evolution and circulation of processes, thus making a threat of adverse impact on natural complexes and objects, namely:
- construction of buildings, roads, linear transport or communication sections unrelated to the park performance, starting fires, arrangement of public resort places, unauthorized parking and stationing of vehicles, as well as both vehicular and pedestrian passage of unauthorized people, cattle driving, automotive vehicular traffic except for public thoroughfares, flights of aircrafts and helicopters lower than 2,000 meters above the ground, sound barrier penetration by airplanes over the territory of the park, and other types of artificial noise influence exceeding standard regulations;
- geological prospecting and surveying, resource development and mining, soil destruction, violation of hydrological and hydrochemical regimes, causing damage to geological denudations, chemical treatment, forest utilization of any kind, procurement of fodder grass, curative or other plants, flowers, seeds, reed, cattle grazing, catching and extermination of wild animals, violation of condition of their habitats or nidification, or other kinds of utilization of flora or fauna which result in natural complexes damaging;
- hunting, fishing, introduction of new species of animals and plants, taking measures for stimulation of population size of particular animal species above the reasonable scientifically-based land capacity, collecting plants, animals or other materials except for those necessary for scientific research;
- use of natural resources beyond the regulations of applicable legislation.
Justified by aims of conservation, preservation and reproduction of aboriginal natural complexes, scientific research conduction and completion of other objectives in conservation area in accordance with the Project of park area organization and conservation of natural complexes, under the established procedure it is allowed:
- to perform restoration on land with damaged aboriginal natural complexes, as well as take measures to prevent those natural complexes from being modified as a consequence of anthropogenic impact;
- to resume hydrological regime, conserve and reproduce evolutionary formed phytocenoses (vegetative communities) and endangered species of animals and plants, etc.;
- to implement fire-protection and sanitation measure which do not interfere with the regime of the area, to construct buildings and other object under the established statute, necessary for completion of the park’s objectives;
- to collect materials or carry out operations set forth in the plannings of long-term permanent scientific research, to conduct ecological educational work.
Zone of controlled recreation is the area for short-term recreation and recuperation of population combined with sightseeing of most picturesque and memorable places. Tourist routes and ecological paths trailing is allowed within the controlled recreation area.
On the territory of controlled recreation prohibited are the following activities: final felling, construction of industrial, farming or housing facilities unrelated to the park’s performance, resource development and mining, quarry extraction, soil sampling, commercial procurement of curative plants, unauthorized passage and parking of automotive and animal-drawn vehicles, arrangement of public sportive or tourist events, setting up camping tents and boat piers, starting fires beyond allocated places, treatment with chemicals like pesticides, fungicides or herbicides intended to fight pests or diseases of plants and forests, which cause damage to natural complexes or decrease natural environmental or recreational value of its territory.
Allowed in the area of controlled recreation are the following activities:
- performance of all kinds of silvicultural cutting and operations related to farm forestry in accordance with the Project of park area organization;
- regulated collecting of mushrooms, berries, fruit of wild fruit plants with observance of norms and regulations of environmental legislation;
- arrangement of touristic and ecological educational trails, organization of environmental propaganda and promotion, short hiking excursions and recreation of population;
- regulation of animal population optimum under the established procedure;
- capturing queens and sires for replenishment of fish populations under the established procedure;
- use of natural resources to satisfy needs of park personnel and people permanently dwelling in this area in hayfields, pasture meadows, vegetable gardens and fuel production sites in accordance with the established regulations on specially assigned land parcels.
Zone of static recreation is intended for allocation of hotels, motel, campings and other static object of public service for visitors of the park.
In the area of static recreation plenty of visitor-oriented services are provided: creation of touristic, excursion and walking tours (linear, circular, radial) are arranged alongside with cribs (cabins, bivouac stops) for recreation and local sightseeing. Lengthwise the routes are the specially designed nature protecting linear corridors (up to 25 m wide) made to restrict free movement of visitors beyond the tourist trails. This zone is free for amateur and sport fishing, utility recreation (collecting mushroom, berries, camera hunting and so forth) in special intended districts supervised by relevant park services. With the regard of foreign experience, recreational aquatorial, touristic and other types of complexes can be founded in controlled recreation zone.
Within the utility zone different management tasks are performed to complete main objectives of the park. It also embraces settlements and townships, domestic objects, together with estate of other land-owners and land-users included to the general park territory, where all economic and farming activities must be carried out with observance of general regulations concerning the protection of environment.
Zones of controlled recreation, static recreation and utility are prohibited for any kind of activity actually or potentially leading to environmental deterioration and decrease of recreational value of the national park’s territory.